Meeting Minutes

Meeting Minutes (16)

Thursday, 12 December 2019 18:12

November 20, 2019 CCLL Meeting Minutes

Written by

Click "Read More" below to access Meeting Minutes attachment or click this Link

Monday, 18 November 2019 13:51

October 16, 2019 CCLL Meeting Minutes

Written by

Click "Read More" below to access Meeting Minutes attachment or click this Link

Monday, 30 September 2019 14:56

September 18, 2019 CCLL BOD Meeting Minutes

Written by

Click "Read More" below to access Meeting Minutes attachment or click this Link

Thursday, 12 September 2019 19:51

August 21, 2019 CCLL Meeting Minutes

Written by

Click "Read More" below to access Meeting Minutes attachment or click this Link

Tuesday, 06 February 2018 18:40

1/3/2018 Meeting Minutes

Written by

Board Meeting Minutes 1.3.2018

    Keith - President report
  • 60-90 field-We are awaiting County notification of public meeting date to introduce field to community. Goal-2019 completion
  • Miccosukee-No president currently. Gary Gentry trying to fill that position.
  • Upcoming Presidents Meeting-Interleague play discussion. We agreed on Feb. 10th deadline to schedule mid-season 2 week offering. Offering April 9th and 16th weeks for Interleague play.
    Mike - Treasurer report
  • Concessions profit down from previous year. (37%-2016 to 30%-2017). Will discuss with Michelle slight increase in concession prices-$.25
  • $4k lost 2017- Additional expenditures ($4k more uniforms/equipment than 2016, $4k back IRS stuff, $7k batting cages)
  • $80k income 2017
  • Insurance (Little League)-$2100 for 2018 due to additional need for accidental insurance. $1200 for 2017 which only covered liability. Chaires required to have own insurance because County covers all 5 leagues, and were informed we can't have an umbrella policy.
  • Tax exempt status- 5013C- Keith has reached out to Tony to inquire on status. Awaiting response.
  • Sponsorship updates- currently have committed 10 team sponsors and 3 banner sponsors. Letter sent right before holidays so anticipate more return responses since after the new year.
  • Uniform updates-attendees agreed upon the digital hook design for jerseys. The same hat design requested.
  • Softball updates- City losing players because of slow pitch. We will be looking at Northwest and Woodville for game opportunities.
  • Coaches Practice Clinic-Jan. 27th. Attendees would also like to cover Rule Review at this event. Powermill offered to run Practice Clinic. Keith will follow up with them on willingness and if there is fee.
  • Opening Day-attendees agreed to continue with Tim Yoho for pictures.
  • Machine Pitch/Tball/Softball games will be scheduled this day
  • Proposed noon start and shift schedule earlier so events conclude before 6pm
  • Draft: Monday Jan. 22nd
  • Following Evaluations on Jan. 20th (9-12 Machine, 1-4 Minor) and Jan. 21st (Major)
  • Next Board Meeting-Feb. 7th
Friday, 17 February 2017 01:28

1-18-2017 Meeting Minutes

Written by

Chaires-Capitola Little League, Inc.
Meeting Agenda

Meeting Date:1-18-2017
Meeting Time:7:00 PM at Backwood's Crossing
  1. Determine if there is a quorum present (Erin C.)
  2. Call meeting to order (Erin C.)
  3. Officer Reports (Erin C.)
    • President (Erin C.)
    • Vice President (Craig S.)
      • Tax returns for all outstanding past years have been filed.
      • Remaining issue is to get 501c3 reinstated with IRS. Craig will take care of this.
    • Treasurer (Mike C.)
    • Secretary (Keith W.)
    • Board Role Designations for 2016-2017
      • President - Erin Cuzzort
      • Vice-President - Craig Smith
      • Treasurer - Mike Conway
      • Secretary - Keith Wemm
      • TeeBall Player Rep - Jenna Harper
      • Machine Pitch Player Rep - Craig Spickard
      • Minor Baseball Player Rep - Kevin Corradi
      • Major Baseball Player Rep - Chad Pursell
      • Concession Manager - Michele Garber
      • Volunteer Umpire-in Chief - Kevin Corradi
      • Safety Officer - Katherine Fleming
  4. Registration numbers
    • Registration numbers looking good. On track to match last years numbers
  5. Team/division break-down
    • Majors 5 teams
      • Peter Fisher
      • David Greg
      • Kasey Pressley
      • Eric Shugart
      • Craig Smith
    • Minors 8 teams
      • Keith Wemm
      • Billy Strickland
      • Bill Garber
      • Chad Pursell
      • Elkahn Gray
      • Jason House
      • Joey Matthews
      • Brit Williams
    • Machine Pitch 7 teams
      • Ken Powell
      • Kevin Corradi
      • Chip Huggins
      • Mike Glantz
      • Allan Malone
      • Bob Sanders
      • Dylan Payne
    • TeeBall 5 teams
      • James Beech
      • Russ Clark
      • Elizabeth Garber
      • Joshua Haddock
      • Tanner Akos
      • Scott Maphis
  6. Concession Stand
    • A Safe that can be bolted down to the floor and possible fit in the front concession area
      • Approved for purchase
    • A new 6-burner flat griddle grill
      • Approved for purchase
    • Popcorn machine
      • Approved for purchase
    • Sno Cone machine
      • Not going to purchase
  7. Hat/uniform discussion
    • Uniform type aggreed to
  8. Sponsorship update
    • Sponsorships on track
  9. Equipment update
    • Approved for purchase
  10. Next Meeting February 17, 2017 at 7:00 at Chaires Community Center
  11. Adjourn
Wednesday, 30 September 2015 20:38

9-30-2015 Meeting Minutes

Written by

Chaires-Capitola Little League, Inc. Meeting Agenda
Meeting Date:9-30-2015
Meeting Time:7:00 PM at Chaires Community Center

APPROVED MEETING MINUTES:

  1. Determine if there is a quorum present (Erin C.)
  2. Call meeting to order (Erin C.)
  3. Approval of minutes from 8-31-2015 meeting (Erin C.) APPROVED
  4. 2015-16 Board Assignments
  5. Discussion with Dean Richards about bleecher canopies (invited) - Hold off on canopies, get new batting cage, playground is still on way, improvements to home plates on all the fields in off season
  6. Umpires - Increase amount paid to non-volunteer umpires - $40 uncertified - $50 certified
  7. Fundraising - Update on 2015-16 fundaising - we have $1450 in sponsorships, including 3 team and one banner sponsorship.
  8. Big Baseball - Exploratory Committee formed - Craig Smith, Keith Wemm, Mike Glantz and Erin Cuzzort
  9. Saftey - Brief on parent concerns regardign combination of Minors and Majors this Fall. Coaches will keep an open dialogue during games and be flexable to optimize saftey.
  10. Schedule Next Meeting (Erin C.) Erin is looking at dates in October.
  11. Adjourn Meeting (Erin C.)
Sunday, 30 August 2015 20:37

8-31-2015 Minutes

Written by

Chaires-Capitola Little League, Inc.

Unaaproved Minutes from August 31, 2015 Meeting

Determine if there is a quorum present (Erin C.)

  • Mike Conway
  • Mike Glantz
  • Danny O’Donnel
  • Erin Cuzzort
  • Chad Pursell
  • Daniel Jeffers
  • Craig Smith
  • Keith Wemm
Quorum Present

Minutes from 7-15-2015 Meeting Approved

Finance

  • Resonable cause letter to go to IRS to try to get relief from the $14,000 tax and fee penalty
  • FMB willing to give records at a rate of $25 per hour.
  • Need to file 990s for 2013-14. Craig and Mike will contact Accountant and submit information to get that taken care of
  • Craig clarified that our charter is still valid as we work to resolve the 501c3 status with IRS

Fall Ball

  • Combine Majors and Minors into one Baseball Division
  • Send email to Majors letting them know that the leagues are going to be combined

Evaluations

  • Follow same process that we used in the Spring

Uniforms

  • Move forward with purchase of uniforms

Draft

  • will take place on September 14. MP at 6 and Baseball Division at 7

Equipment Clean Up

  • Sunday September 13 at 4:00

Coaches

  • Baseball Division
    1. David Gregg
    2. Peter Fisher
    3. Chad Pursell
    4. John Bentley
    5. Mike Glantz
  • Machine Pitch
    1. Joey Matthews
    2. Allan Malone
    3. Russ Clark

Member Meeting

  • email the members asking to see if anyone would like to be placed on the ballot
  • All current members except Adam Cowhey are returning. We are still confirming with Chris Mantzanas

Next Meeting will September 10, 2015 at 6:30.

Wednesday, 15 July 2015 20:36

7-15-2015 Minutes

Written by

Chaires-Capitola Little League, Inc.

Approved Minutes from July 15, 2015 Meeting

Determine if there is a quorum present (Erin C.)

  • Keith Wemm
  • Craig Smith
  • Adam Cowhey
  • Danny O’Donnel
  • Erin Cuzzort
  • Chad Pursell
Quorum Present

Sponsorship

  • Eliminate the 2X6 banner sponsorship for 2015-2016

Fall Ball

  • August 1 registration opens
  • Onsite registrations on 8-8, 8-15, 8-22
  • Evaluations on September 8-9
  • Draft on September 14
  • Practice starts on September 15
  • Games start on September 28
  • No TeeBall
  • $50 for division fees

All Stars

  • Formalize rule that if you do not play in your league age designated division during the regular season, you cannot play in that division in All Stars

Finance

  • FMB wantes to charge from statements for past year's filings
  • Discussion about sending letter to IRS to get them to remove interest in penalties stating that that informaion is unknow because of the criminal activity at Chaires

Canopies

  • Agreed to move forward with the project. We will reach out to Chuck Urban to see if he can attend our next board meeting to discuss the plan for fundraising for the $7500 that will be the leagues contribution

Rules Review

  • Craig Smith will head up a rules review

Next Meeting will Monday, August 31.

Sunday, 26 April 2015 20:36

4-26-2015 Minutes

Written by

Chaires-Capitola Little League, Inc.

Unaaproved Minutes from April 26, 2015 Meeting

Determine if there is a quorum present (Erin C.)

  • Keith Wemm
  • Craig Smith
  • Adam Cowhey
  • Mike Conway
  • Danny O’Donnel
  • Erin Cuzzort
  • Chad Pursell
Quorum Present

Briefing on County Projects from Leigh Davis, Director of County Parks and Rec

  • Playground outside Dreams outfield
  • 60-90 field in 2017
  • Canopies

Finance

  • District Bill - Still waiting to get information about how this money is being used before we pay it.
  • League currently has $18,000 in the bank
  • We expect to have bill from CPA and still have the IRS penalties hanging over our heads.

Canopies

  • Agreed to move forward with the project. We will reach out to Chuck Urban to see if he can attend our next board meeting to discuss the plan for fundraising for the $7500 that will be the leagues contribution

Majors Yankees Team Meeting

  • Held a meeting with 7 of the team’s parents to discuss concerns.

League Tournaments

  • Tournaments for Machine Pitch and Minors will be held during the last week of May
  • We will use the first week of June as a back up in case rain outs prevent teams from reaching minimum game completions to qualifying for All Stars.
  • League will be providing medals to tournament winners and runner ups. No other trophies will be awarded by the league this season
  • Tournaments will be single elimination

All Stars

  • All parents will have an opportunity to submit their players for All Star consideration
  • Team managers will meet to discuss players
  • Team Managers will rank the players based on their understanding of each players abilities
  • Votes will be tallied and the players with the most votes will be put on the team
  • All Star teams may include up to 14 players and we hope to have two teams in both the machine pitch and the minors divisions.
  • For the last two players on the All-Star teams, the All-Star manager would discuss with the other managers his thoughts on who the two should be and there would be a vote.
  • Discussion on how All Star Manager would be appointed was held but no final decision was made.
  • We will send a notice to parents on May 1 directing them to register for the All Star season.
  • We will review all residency and age information.
  • If their child is selected for All Stars, the parents will be required to pay an All Star fee to the league, which has not yet been set. They will also be required to purchase pants, belt and socks.
  • We are still waiting for response from Gentry about scheduling and who will get tournaments this season.

Next Meeting will Sunday, May 10.

Page 1 of 2